2) Assemble the Parts
To control a high voltage AC device with an XBee, you’ll need:
- XBee 802.15.4 Radio
- PowerSwitch Tail II – You can use the previous version if it’s all you have, but it will require more circuitry to actuate the relay.
- Hookup wire – We’ll be using a spool of two conductor wire to connect the PowerSwitch Tail to our circuit.
- Small, flat-head screwdriver
- Jumper cables
- XBee Breakout Board – for your circuit.
- XBee Explorer USB – for programming your radio.
- A DC power source, 2.8 – 3.3V – We’ll be using two C batteries in a battery holder from Radio Shack.